• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

how to arch text in corel draw 12

KPC

how do you put a slight arch (think of the lips in a smile) to text in corel draw 12

Note that if possible it would be nice to just grab the corner of the text and have infinite adjustment of the arch. I don't want to make an arched box and then have the text conform to the box.

FYI, The reason for this is to have the plotter cut the vinyl to match the contour of the windshield on a car.

I read where you put a slight arch to the text that when you apply the arched vinyl to the windshield that it helps to keep the text from looking distorted on the curve of the windshield.

:thankyou:

Columbia Signs

Two quick ways. 1st draw a circle. With the pick tool select both the circle and the text. Then "Fix Text To Path" under the text drop down.

2nd way, Select the text and under effects pick "Add Perspective"

Hope that helps.

KPC

on the second choice with add perspective, if I grab one of the 4 corners of the text and stretch it out, it just makes the text looks like it is stretched out the length of a building.

What do I need to select to make the text arch. Thanks.

rcook99

Go with the first way Columbia stated as that will work best. It will also allow you to adjust your arc while it is grouped with the circle until you get it where you like it. Once you get it the way you want it just double click on the circle and delete it and your text has an arc.

Columbia, I tried your suggestion for Adding Perspective but I was unable to produce an arc using the method. Can you clarify it for me as it may be easier and a shorter in the long run. Thanks

KPC

ok, i went with the first way but it makes the arch a frown instead of a smile.

So I clicked on the circle and flipped it over but the text is now upside down.

Is there no other way to make this as simple as click and drag to arch the text?

If it can't be done easily in corel, what programs are most other people using?

rcook99

KPC try fitting your text to the path at the bottom of your circle and then mirror vertically and then mirror horizontallythat should give you what you are looking for.

KPC

i've got it to the point where I'm ready to mirror the text but I can't seem to get it to flip over

KPC

the problem is the text reads towards the inside of the circle. I need the text to read towards the outside of the circle. Meaning the tops of each letter would be attached to the bottom side of the circle. or in other words the text would appear to be hanging from the bottom of the circle. Right now the text is upside down and the bottom of the text is clinging to the outside of the circle.

rcook99

Once you get your text on the inside of the circle put your pointer on the bottom left corner of your text. You will see a red dot there, once it is over the red dot hold your left mouse button down and you should be able to move it below the circle like you wish. Let me know how you make out. By doing this it will allow you to space your text off of your circle if needed.

niksagkram

There should be a button at the top of the page. (see attachment) This is for CD X3 but 12 was the same I think.

Mark :beer:

Last edited: