• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to batch flatten and save multi-page pdf in Photoshop?

thewood

I have a multi-page pdf. I would like to create an action in Photoshop (or use another method in PS) to open all pages in a pdf at a specified resolution, flatten each page and save each page as a specified file type. Any ideas? I've created Photoshop Actions in the past to achieve similar results. However, the action(s) I've created for this project only open the first page in the pdf.

oksigns

When recording a new action, you have to shift+click all the pages within the import window of that PDF you would like to open. The PDF holds the specific resolution firm, so you will need to specify in the script to change it to whatever resolution/size you need.

So start recording a new action, then File>Open>Your PDF, select all the pages by hand

Last edited:

thewood

Thanks for your quick response. I did shift-click all the pages in the pdf when I was recording my action. However, when I apply the action to a multi-page pdf, it only opens the first page. It also fails to flatten, save and close the first page. Any ideas?

thewood

I finally figured it out. Here's what I did: 1. Open all pages in the pdf using the shift+click method. 2. Using the first page, create and action that flattens, saves and closes the image. 3. When applying the action, you can specify that you want to apply the action to all open files. So, it's actually 2 steps. But this is going to save me alot of time.