• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to convert OTF to TTF?

Dave Drane

Can anyone tell me if there is a program, or how to convert OTF fonts into True Type? I use SignLab 5 and it does not accept OTF fonts. Any help would be appreciated.:smile:

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Do you have Illustrator? Much, if not all, that's done in Illy can be imported to SignLab.
Don't forget to convert to curves first.

JB

Dave Drane

Do you have Illustrator? Much, if not all, that's done in Illy can be imported to SignLab.
Don't forget to convert to curves first.

JB
James I bought some A&S fonts and they are in OTF form. I need to convert them into TTF to load into S/Lab.
Fred I tried to get into FontForge but it is very difficult to understand. I can't find an EXE file to download the program??

Dave Drane

Thanks for you help Fred, It is much appreciated BUT pardon my ignorance, I just can't work out where I can make a program after I have unzipped it. There is a bunch of folders with all kinds of stuff in them that doesn't make much sense to me, gdraw, inc, gutils, packaging etc. etc.
I feel like a dinosaur when it comes to this new stuff. Maybe I need a new computer and system.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I just downloaded and decompressed it and I am sorry I recommended it to you. It is evidently a work in progress and not at all user friendly.

Dave Drane

Its ok Fred, I think I am on top of it now. I downloaded ParetolLogic and it is doing a full scan and clean up. I think I will be right to go after that. Thanks, you always helpo with this stuff. I think it's just about time I retired!! lol..