• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help How To Create & Print Extra Large Banners? Canvas Size of Illustrator Is Only 227in

gsz2020

Hi,

This is the first time for me to print a 10 meters long banner. How can I do this? Do I need a different software to design the banner? The maximum canvas size of illustrator is only 227in.

What should I do? Please help. Thanks.

Danielsdzyn

Hello, I agree with 1:10 scale.
So if your banner is 393.7" in width - design it at 39.37" and scale it up in your rip. I use onyx so I have quick sets for paneled banners and prints that need to be enlarged by 1000

WildWestDesigns

of course, there is always Corel...

Or Inkscape (especially if they are also using the Mac version of Ai and not the Windows version).

I don't see the hardship in scaling, but then again, I've never had a reason to be frustrated by Ai's artboard limit either.

Another vote for the scaling crowd.

José Camilo

Hello, I always do in CorelDraw in the scale of 1: 100, in case if the strip has 10 meters x 2, I make 100mm x 20mm and when exporting, in the box where the dimension is 100% I put 1000%, I export with + or-100dpi.

AF

Or Inkscape (especially if they are also using the Mac version of Ai and not the Windows version).

I don't see the hardship in scaling, but then again, I've never had a reason to be frustrated by Ai's artboard limit either.

Another vote for the scaling crowd.

Last I checked, Inkscape didn’t support spot colors which breaks our print and cut workflow. Any word on spot colors being implemented one day?

WildWestDesigns

Last I checked, Inkscape didn’t support spot colors which breaks our print and cut workflow. Any word on spot colors being implemented one day?

I believe that they are attempting to do that with littlecms, how far along that is, I dunno, my use for Inkscape does not hinge on that.

Right now though, to work around would be to bring the SVG into Scribus (for those that don't know that's an InDesign alternative) and go from there.

tooler82

Hate to talk you into spending more money on software, but I don’t really even use Illustrator anymore. I use Flexi. Not long ago designed a 60 feet x 60 feet banner. It did it with no problem. Made the map 60’x60’ and individually tiled it 48”x60’.