• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

how to "double strike" clear or trans.?

Signed Out

I have read and heard that when printing on translucent or clear media I may have to "double strike" the print to make the colors pop when light is behind.(make sense) My question is how do I do this? do I make marks on the media where to start and reline up after out gasing? please help me understand this. xj-540 proIII-versaworks-CS5

ncpdfsb

versaworks is your rip, return to origin after first pass, then re print.
return to origin is in the "cut controls" menu, just check "return to origin after print" it does make a huge difference on clear ij material.

ncpdfsb

Make sure your print is DRY before returning to origin. Mutoh does it in one step via control panel.

i have heard of that but never had a problem just reprinting without waiting, i figure its only laying more ink on already flashed ink, so its not going to puddle. i guess if one were to use a max impact ink curve it could be a problem..?

petepaz

if you are using versaworks you can just change the over print to 2 and you should get a good result i use that setting for our back lit material but also be aware you will get a better colored print but depending on what the background is they are putting the print on it is still very translucent(if you are printing on clear) so if they are applying your print to a dark colored background you may not be able to see the image that well (you might want to print a sample and have the customer test it out)