• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to find shop help

ACESIGN

we are a small company looking to hire a new employee for production and installation. What are the best practices and places to look?

jfiscus

Rap Master
Good luck! Seriously, we recently have been looking for another employee here and only about 2% of the resumes we have received passed us "pre-screening" them and doing background checks. I would suggest posting on Craigslist and also posting on linkedin, but otherwise; I'm not sure.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ask your suppliers/drivers who deliver to you. They have have the real inside scoop.

TimToad

We've used Craigslist until they started charging for the ads. Our main problem with that venue is the quality of the applicants we receive. At $15.00 its still cheap, but I'm convinced that the people using Craigslist for looking for things are not the sharpest pencils in the box. It doesn't matter how many specific skills you desire an applicant to have or experience levels you require, nearly every unemployed person in your area will send you a resume.

We also own a rental property that has vacancies from time to time and its a rare prospect who doesn't ask some completely obvious or inane set of questions which the answers to are already in the listing.

Our best venue for advertising openings here has been Indeed.

ams

I use craigslist and indeed.com because both are free. I throw out 98% of the resumes, but have found some decent people.

ams

We've used Craigslist until they started charging for the ads. Our main problem with that venue is the quality of the applicants we receive. At $15.00 its still cheap, but I'm convinced that the people using Craigslist for looking for things are not the sharpest pencils in the box. It doesn't matter how many specific skills you desire an applicant to have or experience levels you require, nearly every unemployed person in your area will send you a resume.

We also own a rental property that has vacancies from time to time and its a rare prospect who doesn't ask some completely obvious or inane set of questions which the answers to are already in the listing.

Our best venue for advertising openings here has been Indeed.

They don't charge me for ads?