• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to get designs to Flexi

Kelsey Adams

I have created the graphics as posted in the images below. I am wondering how I can get them into FlexiSign to print them. I have attached an lllustrator image to see the design and then Photoshop to see what the final product is expected to look like. I try to import the Illustrator file to Flexi, but everything is its own object and it turned into a complete mess.

Attachments

• david.png
    david.png
    428.8 KB · Views: 637
  • david2.png
    david2.png
    435.2 KB · Views: 484

bannertime

Separate them onto different Artboards and then export to PDFs. You can import directly into Production Manager too, even if you're contour cutting.

Jb1983

I design in illustrator, save as PDF then open in flexi and print/cut from there. Yes flexi automatically ungroups everything why is that a problem? Just setup/ layout everything exactly how you want it in illustrator first. Like if those are graphics you are looking to print, delete the template in illustrator , set everything up in illustrator as if you were printing from there. Just use flexi to add your contour cuts.

Evan Gillette

Not at all trying to comment on the quality of your work here, just mentioning what I have observed. Sloppy illustrator files tend to be problematic in flexi. Well organized illustrator files tend to be easy to work with in flexi. If you have problems it is likely going to be with gradients because of the way the export and import. Like mentioned above .eps is a good option if you are having trouble, or just bring the illustrator file straight to production manager.

stxrmxn

I have created the graphics as posted in the images below. I am wondering how I can get them into FlexiSign to print them. I have attached an lllustrator image to see the design and then Photoshop to see what the final product is expected to look like. I try to import the Illustrator file to Flexi, but everything is its own object and it turned into a complete mess.
Set your artboard up to the width of your media (however long you can handle) make 3 or 4 files with the same width media if needed. You should already have your cut files in place to make it easier since i presume you will be laminating that work. Send to flexi as an eps, PDF's can be problematic with gradients and strokes around fonts. It doesnt matter what flexi does with the file because you set the artwork up exactly how you want it to print in the correct size artboard to fit onto your media, allow at least 25mm each side for crop marks.

Attachments

• 83-moo.jpg
    83-moo.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 385

Kelsey Adams

Set your artboard up to the width of your media (however long you can handle) make 3 or 4 files with the same width media if needed. You should already have your cut files in place to make it easier since i presume you will be laminating that work. Send to flexi as an eps, PDF's can be problematic with gradients and strokes around fonts. It doesnt matter what flexi does with the file because you set the artwork up exactly how you want it to print in the correct size artboard to fit onto your media, allow at least 25mm each side for crop marks.
THANK YOU!!! This worked great for me!!!!!!