• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to get DX4 head Rank

Biggermens

Any one know how to get the head rank from a head that has no label on it ???
i have a few heads and the decals got washed off :((

Thanks

Biggermens

the head ranks are stored in the machine memory. can only be access via service mode.

Hi Thanks For the reply
I can find the head rank in the service mode but i got all the heads mixed up when i was cleaning everything.
Like Perfectpdf said i guess it don't mater to much ??

Attachments

• upload_2017-8-10_1-5-45.png
    upload_2017-8-10_1-5-45.png
    1.3 KB · Views: 335

davyde

There is no way to get rank from heads if you mixed them up. The rank is a calibration number for correct firing pattern. After market heads or wrong ranks will show a "incorrect head installed" message and will attempt to clean more often (past experience). Running machine in service mode all the time will avoid all that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim Hill

I used the head ranking numbers that came with my new head. They were located on the outside of the plastic case that protected the head in shipping.

I have never tried installing a New print head without using the head ranking numbers but I do know some people who do it and it appears to work which may be because the original ranking numbers are still programed into the printer.

Jim

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I have installed over 100 DX4 print heads without inputting head ranks and there is absolutely no difference.