• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to get RIP to read material in FlexiPrint

ddarlak

Go Bills!
I use FlexiPro 10 but I RIP to my HP 315 with the FlexiPrint12 that came with the printer.

It used to auto read the material size and material type but at one point it asked me if I wanted to keep doing it and I selected the wrong answer.

Now every time I go to print something I have to the little printer icon to size the roll and change the preset material type to what I loaded. I cannot find where to set it back to how it was working before when it auto read from the printer.

Anyone know where this setting is?

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
In Production Manager, Click Setup>Setup Properties, then check off "Automatically apply loaded media".

ddarlak

Go Bills!
didn't work.

It used to be the material I selected when loading the printer would load into the RIP, now it defaults to a material that was in when i accidentally clicked what ever i clicked...

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
didn't work.

It used to be the material I selected when loading the printer would load into the RIP, now it defaults to a material that was in when i accidentally clicked what ever i clicked...
Well that's the only place I know of that will do that. There will always be a 'default' material setting in the Default Job Properties, but having that one box checked will always cause a pop up after you load your material and select it on the printer. It will ask if you want to load this material and size for the next jobs you rip. So make sure it has a check and then hit APPLY afterwards.

Attachments

• load.jpg
    load.jpg
    300.3 KB · Views: 152

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
This might be a kind of a sill suggestion, but if you're certain the printer supports that kind of bi-directional communication, make sure all your connections are good. If it's via network, make sure it's allowing the communication. If it's via USB, make sure you're using a cable that allows it.