• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to hide a seam between acrylic panels

salsauco

When the back-lit sign needs to be made from two panels of acrylic, how do you connect them without highlighting the seam?

Mosh

Use 3/16 thick plastic and router or cut the ends at a 45 degree angle. And on one peice I
weld a clear plastic strip 2" wide so it overlaps on the back.

OR get the right size plastic... Lexan comes as long as you need.

Or go to a flex face, that is what I'd do.

Marlene

Use 3/16 thick plastic and router or cut the ends at a 45 degree angle. And on one peice I
weld a clear plastic strip 2" wide so it overlaps on the back.

OR get the right size plastic... Lexan comes as long as you need.

Or go to a flex face, that is what I'd do.

+1

VTSigns

We've used changeable tracking used for changeable letter signs. We have used the bottom track and cut 2 pieces and used IPS weld on. We welded one piece of tracking on the edge of piece one and welded another piece of tracking (flipped opposite of how the first piece was welded) on piece two. Push the pieces together in the box and the 2 pieces of tracking interlock creating a nice tight seal along the joint of the 2 panels.

Z SIGNS

You really can't hide a seam in plexi panels.The best you can do is use any of the above methods with the addition of having a large portion of the graphic cover the seam.

We've used changeable tracking used for changeable letter signs. We have used the bottom track and cut 2 pieces and used IPS weld on. We welded one piece of tracking on the edge of piece one and welded another piece of tracking (flipped opposite of how the first piece was welded) on piece two. Push the pieces together in the box and the 2 pieces of tracking interlock creating a nice tight seal along the joint of the 2 panels.

That's the way we do it now if it has to have a seam. You can weld it on with clear seal or clear vhb tape.