• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to import Flexi 8.1 ICC Profiles into NEW Flexi 12?

graphicsphere

I use Flexisign-Pro 8.1 with custom made ICC profiles for my solvent converted Roland CJ-500 Printer and everything works perfectly except I can’t upgrade to the new Flexi 12.

So who knows how to import Flexisign 8.1 ICC profiles into Flexi 12? What changed since then with there ICC Profile Importer? Does anyone know someone that creates custom ICC profiles for Flexi 12 or anyone that can import the Flexisign 8.1 ICC profiles into Flexi 12?

jimdtg

Launch your Flexi 12 Production Manager application.

Select the printer you configured and choose Setup > Default Job Properties, click the 3rd tab (Color management), Select Add from Output Profile drop down list

AddIccProfile.png

Browse for the location where the icc profiles you made there. Select all and click OK.

graphicsphere

I keep getting an error saying "This ICC Profile is not compatible with this printer" when I try adding the old output profiles in Flexi 8.5 to 12. When I add the same output profiles in Flexisign-Pro 8.1 it works. I uploaded a zip file of one of the custom ICC Profiles that I need to add to Flexi 12.

The file I attached was originally converted from Roland Color Choice to a Flexisign ICC Profile by a company called Chromix. They make custom profiles and can possibly make new profiles for Flexi 12.

Attachments

• SCEcoMHLcLm_GCVP_SUPER.zip
    150 KB · Views: 353
Last edited:

DTP2

Instead of adding the ICC, another option is to start the profiler in Flexi 12 and import the data from the old ICC. In my case so far this always worked for non-compatible ICC’s.

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
The file I attached was originally converted from Roland Color Choice to a Flexisign ICC Profile by a company called Chromix. They make custom profiles and can possibly make new profiles for Flexi 12.
I don't think your attached file is what you believe it be. It shows it's a very old profile without any identifiers from Chromix, which Chromix would usually tag, and it's not for your ink set. Further, it was created from a grossly uncalibrated printer to begin with.

I think you might be better off trying to find something more current for your machine / inset / media.

mikestickers

Chief, Cook and Dish Washer!
Having the same problem. Downloaded Grimco's ICC Profiles for my sp540v and it keeps telling me not compatible with this printer. UGH!!! Anyone have know why?