• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How To Import Pantone Chart Into Flexi

savannah08

I have a customer that needs some decals printed today. The vinyl has to match their race car. I matched it to the CMYK but my printer is printing darker. The other sign shop in town said they don't use cmyk because theirs print darker as well. He matched it to the pantone chart and gave me the number.

So, how do I import the pantone chart into flexi?

chester215

Just call me Chester.
Right click on your existing color chart at the bottom of the page.
Select open table from the menu.
Choose the new table you want.

Also in flexi (10 ) you can change the color to the cmyk values from the color mixer from the toolbar (looks like a painters plate).

Flexi has a pretty good help menu to do stuff like this.

savannah08

I did that and my choices to import are :

PC-12
PC-50
PC-600
ROLAND COLOR SYSTEM LIBRARY
ROLAND METALLIC COLOR SYSTEM LIBRARY
RVW
SX 1000 OPAQUES CALENDARED
XL 1000OPAQUE CAST
XR 1000 REFLECTIVE

I need someone to hold my hand through this haha

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
Pretty sure Flexi is the same as Corel and already has a Pantone pallet. It's no guarantee, but if you use that color pallet in your design you should get closer. When you use the pantone pallet it sends the pantone # to the printer instead of RGB or CMYK and then the rip knows exactly what you are shooting for. But, if your printer isn't calibrated or the color is out of gamut you'll still have trouble hitting it.

chester215

Just call me Chester.
You are probably looking at the swatches for one manufacturer.
Click on the up arrow next to the navigation box at the top of the page and it should take you up a level to all of the folders for the different manufacturers/ colors.