• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to install this sign on brick

jtiii

Beautiful day, great to be alive!
Hey I'm wondering how to install this sign between brick posts. (The picture has stand-in posts - the actual ones aren't gonna be that ugly!)
I'm making the sign with alupanel faces and returns.
st mary sign v2.jpg

Terry01

Presuming you have a frame, just use anchor bolts directly into the brickwork. Fit the rear panel of the sign after mounting, so no fasteners are visible.

Billct2

If you can design it so one face can be removable you can fasten thru the sides of the cabinet.
If not then you'll probably need some brackets, two on the bottom and two on the top would be least conspicuous and paint to match cabinet and the brick

ams

That sounds cool but does it require one removable face? I'm not picturing it otherwise

You could install the dowels in the sign and then poke in the holes or opposite. Using a spring is the best solution, then you push it in, place the sign and release and the spring will slide it into the hole.

jtiii

Beautiful day, great to be alive!
You could install the dowels in the sign and then poke in the holes or opposite. Using a spring is the best solution, then you push it in, place the sign and release and the spring will slide it into the hole.
That - is fuggin' cool!