• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion How to layer a 7 foot sign.

Mastermatt87

I have layered decals and smaller jobs but this is a pain in my butt.

How the heck does people layer large signs perfectly.

Using translucent 8500.
I can’t find a video of anyone layering a large sign.

Thanks guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pippin Decals

I have layered decals and smaller jobs but this is a pain in my butt.

How the heck does people layer large signs perfectly.

Using translucent 8500.
I can’t find a video of anyone layering a large sign.

Thanks guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this going on a sign or like Store front glass etc?

jfiscus

Rap Master
We print them, that is the secret. For registration when using translucents you can lay knifeless tape down first where the lap is going to be and then install both panels and pull the tape and end up with a perfect butt-seam.

fresh

I can make suggestions when I see the layout... there are a lot of different ways to register vinyl, but it really depends on what the sign looks like.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
When using vinyl or in the old days when spraying, we never ever used butt joints that I can remember. Everything was always trapped, ever-so slightly. With vinyl regardless of cast or calendared, vinyl is always shrinking, so a butt joint will eventually show a fine white bright line and that is most disconcerting.

Johnny Best

Make registration boxes on your layers so as to line up easier, clear transfer and wet apply. That big I would put substrate vertical so it is easier to register without sticking right away.