• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to load 54" media into a Mutoh 1204 / VJ48

401Graphics

Here is a video I made on how to load 54" media into a Mutoh 1204 (which is designed to only accept up to 50" media)
ENJOY! :thumb:

[video=youtube;eG2nFqZC2zo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eG2nFqZC2zo&feature=youtu.be[/video]

signworldusinc

Merchant Member
Great video! Very useful for people who can not find someone to help them cut down the rolls. Thanks for the share.

Warm regards,
Signworld Team

Stealth Ryder

My 1st question would be why would you waste media like that, just buy a 54" Printer... I see tons of PF issues happening by doing this... I just don't see the point, 50" media is available form all media manufacturers... The machine will only print 48" maximum... I just don't get it...

401Graphics

My 1st question would be why would you waste media like that, just buy a 54" Printer... I see tons of PF issues happening by doing this... I just don't see the point, 50" media is available form all media manufacturers... The machine will only print 48" maximum... I just don't get it...
How is there a PF issue? Even when i let the printer pull off the roll it still has no issue.
Yes there is lots of 48" and 50" media available. But not all. And some places charge you for slitting if it is only available in 54".

In my case, I HAD to use 54" clear vinyl because i could not get it in 48 or 50" locally, and didnt have time to wait for a roll to be shipped to me.
ALL of my other media i have in stock is 50" or less.

A 54" mutoh printer is about $7000 more than a 48" mutoh printer.
I've never had the need to go wider than 48" in the 4 years i've had it.

TDFcustomSL

Here is a video I made on how to load 54" media into a Mutoh 1204 (which is designed to only accept up to 50" media)
ENJOY! :thumb:

[video=youtube;eG2nFqZC2zo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eG2nFqZC2zo&feature=youtu.be[/video]

hmmm aren't I the one who mentioned trying this? :Big Laugh thanks for the video and proving that it will work.

RG

Thanks for the upload. I might not want to use this method every day, but in a pinch it would be very handy.

SlightlyChilled

Look I know this is a little old but you could use flat end caps from like a roll of mask. They only cover the hole not the whole end like a roll of vinyl.