• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

how to make brushscript ready for plotting?

teddybier

Hello guys and gals,

I've got probably a verry noobish question here, i know what i want to do, but i cant find the option in Adobe Illustrator CS3.

Ive got a logo here that needs to be plotted, but the text is in brushscript, and as soon as i convert the text to outlines, there are the little overlap pieces in the paths where the characters join, and my plotting and printing goes wrong there. How do i remove the overlap? My feeling says "flatten" in some way, but that doesn't seem to work.

Thanks a lot in advance,
Ted

synergy_jim

you also want to make sure the kerning is right with the brush script so the tails on the letters match up. If they don't it makes it look like crap.

teddybier

Thanks Jim, i'll look into it. But the design isn't mine, i'm only asked to do some apparel for them, so i cant change too much :)

installator

we weld ares so its sollied that way it doesnt have the joining marks on it. but you more then likely use something other then lixie or corel x13