Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to match a bitmap black with a spot black

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by gabagoo, Jul 10, 2012.

1. gabagoo

gabagoo Major Contributor

Oct 10, 2006
    Vaughan, Ontario
    I have not seen this in so long I forget what to do.

I have a pdf file that is a mixture of a bitmap with a black background mixed into a black background spot colour.
    I am pretty sure i can see the colour differences on the screen and know this won't print correctly.

How can I get them to be relatively close?

Tags:
  2. CanuckSigns

CanuckSigns Very Active Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Ontario
    can you use the colour eyedropper on the bitmap black, than change the spot black (which I assume is vector) to match?

or just convert the whole image to either rgb or cmyk, which should force the 2 blacks to become 1

3. thewood

thewood Very Active Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Tennessee
    I would try this. If the blacks still don't match due to variance in Vector and Bitmap rendering, you can then rasterize the whole thing. Should work for a quick and dirty fix.

4. ChicagoGraphics

ChicagoGraphics Major Contributor

Feb 27, 2007
    World
    I don't know what rip your using, but like in Onyx you can change the colors in the rip

5. gabagoo

gabagoo Major Contributor

Oct 10, 2006
    Vaughan, Ontario
    Thanks guys, i don't see this issue to often and sort of forgot what to do....lol