• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How To... Need Ideas

grafixemporium

I am working on a layout for a customized 35' trailer. The trailer (and wrap) are going to be shared among 3 different companies... a home builder and two manufacturers of home building products. The 3 companies have an obvious common thread, so the design is pretty cut and dry. However, they have asked for us to create a layout in which their logos can be swapped out depending on who is using the trailer. They do not want to display all 3 logos at once in the wrap.

The trailer is aluminum and very customized. It has a ton doors/hatches on each side. It will be like wrapping a jigsaw puzzle as it is. One of the 3 logos can be printed in the actual wrap.The problem is I need to figure out a way to mount the other 2 logos on top of the wrap so they can be easily interchanged and will withstand travel. Obviously magnetic is out of the question unless a sheet of metal is first mounted to the side of the trailer. Velcro and a sheet of polystyrene or something similar is an option, but I want it to look like a finished wrap no matter which logo is on there.

Remember, it needs to be easy to apply and remove. It should be able to withstand being applied and removed week after week. It needs to be able to stay on while traveling.

Any ideas??

Attachments

• IMG_1735.jpg
    IMG_1735.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 161
What kind of distances will it travel? You could try some sort of banner frame system that they could swap out the banners on or maybe even a channel frame using a rigid substrate that they could slide the different logo's into.

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
Install a snap frame to one of those window areas (like at Burger King). Make a 2 sided diabond sign for 2 of the logos and the third would be on the vehicle. Charge alot for solving their problem.

RJ California

We've used a sign hanging system before that has 2 parts -- One side mounts to the wall and the other side slips right into the top of the wall mount piece. It's only about 1/4" thick and it's held in place by gravity so it's easy to change.

We usually pop rivet the panel so we don't have a big screw or bolt head to deal with.

I don't remember the name of the company but I might be able to find it.

grafixemporium

Jester and RJ, I'm interested in those ideas. Any chance you have a specific product in mind? Can you point me in the right direction to find it?

jasonx

Instead of the snap frame build a frame so the dibond can slide into. Make one side of that frame so it can be unscrewed so you can slide the dibond sheet in and out. Two fixings will make it easy to take off but also secure so it won't come off while driving nor easy to pinch.

Just use some extrusions with a 3mm gap etc.

BobM

The window panel in the front makes an ideal area to frame with aluminun extresions with a removable end cap. Clean, simple, invisiable.

astro8

Are you driving with these other logos still affixed to the vehicle?

If so snap frames, velcro...all that stuff is going to blow right off with a sheet of Dibond or polycarbonate decapitating someone.

JasonX's or BobM's ideas's are feasible...it needs mechanical fixing...don't underestimate the windload on something like that...

smeare

ABC Sign Products has a frame called F-Molding. You can miter it at 45 degrees and pop rivet on the side of the trailer on three sides and screw the fourth side in. Then just use an acrylic sheet for the logos.

www.abcsignproducts.com

Cadmn

there is an aliminum molding called "Z" channel & it should work well for a frame& should be available at many hardware type places.

k6media

Jester.. you read my mind. A snap frame would be perfect to integrate into the wrap and they could easily swap out the logos...