Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to print in white on HP FB750

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by Joshua Barnes, May 30, 2018.

1. Joshua Barnes

Joshua Barnes New Member

Jan 2, 2018
    Dallas
    I read some instructions online about setting up a file to print white. It said to create a "white" swatch and set it to "spot color", and that it wouldn't matter if it was actually white. They used magenta so it would be visible on the art board. My understanding was that it would translate as white if the settings were right. This did not work. Hoping to find someone that can give me proper setup guidelines

2. papabud

papabud Lone Wolf

Mar 7, 2016
    Toledo, OH
    it has to be set up exactly how they say. the name is case sensitive. it needs to be a spot color

3. GaSouthpaw

GaSouthpaw Active Member

Dec 1, 2005
    Georgia
    It depends on your RIP, for one thing...
    If you're using Onyx, the color has to be named Spot1. In Caldera, it has to be named White.
    Once everything's saved, make sure you're opening the file with one of the white enabled print profiles.

4. Joshua Barnes

Joshua Barnes New Member

Jan 2, 2018
    Dallas
    I thought I had set it up right. The swatch is named "White" with a capital "W" and spot color is activated, but the flatbed still printed it as magenta.

5. unclebun

unclebun Active Member

Dec 7, 2011
    Osage Beach, MO
    Not entirely true. In Onyx the color can be named anything you want, but then in Onyx it has to be mapped Spot1.

To the OP, that is probably the first thing you haven't done, mapping the color in the RIP to be white ink. The second thing you have to do is use a profile that has white ink in it, and in Onyx, use a QuickSet that makes the printer print white.

6. Joshua Barnes

Joshua Barnes New Member

Jan 2, 2018
    Dallas
    Missed this reply before. That was it. I'm using Onyx and needed it to say "Spot1".

• Like Like x 1
  7. papabud

papabud Lone Wolf

Mar 7, 2016
    Toledo, OH
    is he using onyx, i thought it would be one of the others