• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to print in white on HP FB750

Joshua Barnes

I read some instructions online about setting up a file to print white. It said to create a "white" swatch and set it to "spot color", and that it wouldn't matter if it was actually white. They used magenta so it would be visible on the art board. My understanding was that it would translate as white if the settings were right. This did not work. Hoping to find someone that can give me proper setup guidelines

papabud

Lone Wolf
it has to be set up exactly how they say. the name is case sensitive. it needs to be a spot color

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
It depends on your RIP, for one thing...
If you're using Onyx, the color has to be named Spot1. In Caldera, it has to be named White.
Once everything's saved, make sure you're opening the file with one of the white enabled print profiles.

Joshua Barnes

it has to be set up exactly how they say. the name is case sensitive. it needs to be a spot color
I thought I had set it up right. The swatch is named "White" with a capital "W" and spot color is activated, but the flatbed still printed it as magenta.

unclebun

If you're using Onyx, the color has to be named Spot1. In Caldera, it has to be named White.
Once everything's saved, make sure you're opening the file with one of the white enabled print profiles.

Not entirely true. In Onyx the color can be named anything you want, but then in Onyx it has to be mapped Spot1.

To the OP, that is probably the first thing you haven't done, mapping the color in the RIP to be white ink. The second thing you have to do is use a profile that has white ink in it, and in Onyx, use a QuickSet that makes the printer print white.

Joshua Barnes

Missed this reply before. That was it. I'm using Onyx and needed it to say "Spot1".