• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How To Protect The Print Head While Capping Station Is Out Of The Machine ?

lbpalm

I am replacing the capping station on my 1624 which will be here tomorrow.

Anyone know a good method to protect the Print Head while Capping Station is out of the machine?
My concern would be for drying out the head nozzles.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
The time it will take to change out that station shouldn't have an effect on the nozzles - unless you are going to take it out one day and put it back the next....
An hour would be a long time to do that swap even if it is your first time. If you are worried you could park the carriage over on the right and use a cleaning swab saturated with cleaning solution to lightly dab the nozzle plates a few times during the operation. Don't wipe just dab - like cleaning a stain out of carpet.

wayne k
guam usa

lbpalm

Thanks; with the machine now apart, it will be a bit of time before the replacements come in.
- What was supposed to be a simple clean up ended as discovering a junk maintenance station.
I have fashioned a tub of Mutoh Solution and suspended the head to about 1/16 inch without touching any of the head surface except to immerse it in the solvent.

- Appreciate your response.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Thanks; with the machine now apart, it will be a bit of time before the replacements come in.
- What was supposed to be a simple clean up ended as discovering a junk maintenance station.
I have fashioned a tub of Mutoh Solution and suspended the head to about 1/16 inch without touching any of the head surface except to immerse it in the solvent.

- Appreciate your response.

Ahh - I didn't think that it was already apart - makes sense now. Worst case would be to slide the station back in there - plug the drains and fill it with solution - Sounds like you already have it worked out.

wayne k
guam usa

phototec

A long time ago I read a post about covering the print head with plastic wrap or aluminum foil, I can't remember which. To create a barrier to keep the print heads from drying out. Mind you I have NOT done this, but it sounded like a cleaver idea.