• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

how to remove dampers on vj1324

printimage

Can something tell me how to change the dampers on a vj1324? i am trying to get the ink pull down to the dampers, i try pulling with a y connection but it have pressure but no ink is coming. Any help?

thezigman

Sign maker near Chicago
the 1324 has 4 check valves, one for each ink cartridge. They are supposed to shut off the ink when you change cartridges.
Mine went bad. 3 of the 4 stuck closed. In my case i only had black ink at the print head... I would suspect that may be your problem too.

the mutoh part# is DG-42989

If all 4 inks are not working the solenoid that activated these valves may be bad.

JasonMeisnerSTS

I am not sure what check valves or pulling ink through a damper has anything to do with the what your first question is; To simply change your dampers, remove the ink tubes from the dampers and elevate the lines high and either use a jig or tape to the top of the printer so ink doesn't go everywhere. put the new dampers into the head and attach the ink lines to the damper Putting it simply, that is how you would change a damper in a 1324. if you are trying to pull ink though the head or something else, that would be an entirely different question. Hope this helps.

printimage

Hi i think the valves is bad but i run the lines straight and did a clean and i get good nozzle check and it is printing. when i pull out the cartridge i hear a click now but before i wasn't hearing anything. I will look for the valves and replace them.

thezigman

Sign maker near Chicago
Hi i think the valves is bad but i run the lines straight and did a clean and i get good nozzle check and it is printing. when i pull out the cartridge i hear a click now but before i wasn't hearing anything. I will look for the valves and replace them.

remove the back cover.
the valves are behind it near the ink cartridges.
The clicking noise is the solenoid that activates the valves while the cartridge is removed.