• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help How To Remove Stroke

Signchief

Now and then Flexi 10 places a stroke around objects even though the stroke box in the bottom right corner shows transparent as the selected color. Has anyone ever experienced this or found a solution?

What color is the stroke when you see it? Can you see the stroke in flexi or just in another program. Might be an issue with .pdf or .eps conversion between programs. Some programs see Flexi fills as strokes with a fill.

Signchief

No, I've attached a screen capture. Flexi gives the option to add a small stroke around all objects it defaults to transparent but sometimes it isn't transparent and even if I open a new document and import or copy/paste the artwork it retains the stroke and it shows when printed.

Attachments

• Flexi Stroke Issue.jpg
    Flexi Stroke Issue.jpg
    221.9 KB · Views: 337

fuzzy_cam

The Granbury Wrap & Sign Guy
No, I've attached a screen capture. Flexi gives the option to add a small stroke around all objects it defaults to transparent but sometimes it isn't transparent and even if I open a new document and import or copy/paste the artwork it retains the stroke and it shows when printed.

I've seen this when importing files created in other programs. If that is your case, you should go back to the original program and clear the stroke. I have tried to clear it out in Flexi a few times but always had a little trouble and it usually takes some time.

bannertime

Whoa whoa whoa. Guys, there is a toolbox called "Fill/Stroke Editor." In that box you'll click the second button called "Stroke." It has a pencil icon. Hit "Clear" and your imported stroke is gone.

fuzzy_cam

The Granbury Wrap & Sign Guy
Whoa whoa whoa. Guys, there is a toolbox called "Fill/Stroke Editor." In that box you'll click the second button called "Stroke." It has a pencil icon. Hit "Clear" and your imported stroke is gone.

Sometimes files come through with two separate strokes, almost like a outline.

bannertime

Sometimes files come through with two separate strokes, almost like a outline.

I've never run into that, or at least I haven't run into a stoke that I wasn't able to edit or remove with the Stroke Editor. Everything else should come through as objects you can click on and edit.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
What about the pibk line that seems to just appear over text sometimes? The pink line isnt just in the view, but actually added to the artaork

Signchief

What about the pibk line that seems to just appear over text sometimes? The pink line isnt just in the view, but actually added to the artaork
I think you're talking about the same thing I was asking about, in my case it's not an issue related to importing art from another program but actually occurs in flexi created artwork. I tried using fill/stroke editor and hitting clear with the artwork selected and that removed the lines I also tried Effects:Combine:Weld by Color with the item selected and that removed it as well. As far as what causes this to occur I can only think it's a glitch in flexi that causes it to default to a color stroke instead of transparent.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Thanks! Ill try that when I see it next. Usually I have to start all over with a new file when that dreaded pink outline starts showing up. BTW Im using Flexi 8.

bannertime

We had an intern that was using Flexi to create stock feather flags. He was using Flexi's stroke tool to create outlines. Since it was for print, it wasn't something we ever noticed. One day I used his station to create a banner and couldn't figure out why all my text had large red outlines. They wouldn't show up as something we could cut or edit. So, I asked him to show me how he created outlines, that's when he showed me the Stroke Editor. Went back to my file and sure enough, it was a big red stroke on my text. A few days later we had a file pop up with a thin lime green line around some shapes. Somehow after working in that file, if I created a new shape it'd have that same green line.

So what I've discovered in the past is that Flexi will save the last settings for the tools you used, IF you setup that tool box before actually using it. Sometimes this will translate into creating a new path or text that has the same color, font, size as something that was worked on before. Hard to explain, but that's is how I figured out how to fix it.