• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question How to save art for vehicle wraps?

858Graphics

www.858graphics.com
Hello everyone!

I was wondering how do you guys do the paneling for vehicle wraps and if you know any tutorials or workshops.

Thank you

jfiscus

Rap Master
I let the RIP do the tiling unless it is a pickup truck (bedsides) or the customer requests a seamless wrap.
Flattened CMYK TIFF files are what RIPs like best for prints.

AKwrapguy

I use Flexi and the rip will do it automatically. Yo can even tell it how much of an overlap you want and it will flip every other panel with the simple click of a box.

WB

Hello everyone!

I was wondering how do you guys do the paneling for vehicle wraps and if you know any tutorials or workshops.

Thank you
If your the designer the you don't worry about the "paneling" if your sending your artwork to a shop that doesn't know how to tile your artwork then I would find another shop.

I realize that everyone has to start somewhere but start small and move up. I proper shop with the correct staff will know how to use the RIP software to tile the wrap correctly. If you are trying to do it directly from the design stage your leaving alot of space for error.

Christian @ 2CT Media

We always hand panel ours, it leaves less room for error and allows us to set up the wrap for a faster install vs maximum material yield. I don't know about other shops but labor is the most expensive thing in my shop so eliminating labor time is more of a priority than materials at this point in my business life cycle.

• Agree
Reactions: KMC

Modern Ink Signs

Premium Subscriber
Most of the time we break our "manually" in Illustrator. This allows us better yield, better layout, less seams. Otherwise when doing a wall paper type breakup, we do it in our RIP software.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
We do all our panels beside or under the final design in Corel. We try to stick to seemless if at all possible.

papabud

Lone Wolf
we save things normally as an eps or as a tiff depending on what it is.
we use onyx and let that set our tiling, can manually adjust it in onyx as needed.