• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to slow feed speed on long cuts ?

SignEx

We have Roland VP-540 and use Flexi 8.1, When making long cuts or strips , the cutter feeds way too fast,
I know the force/speed setting in flexi, but wondered if flexi has a setting to slow the feed in and out speed,
When cutting a strip say 1 inch by 5 ft the machine just goes way too fast in and out making the cut,
Causing problems trying to keep material from bunching up either in front or back of machine,
Hoping someone might have some ideas or experience with this,

thanks mark

easystar

We have Roland VP-540 and use Flexi 8.1, When making long cuts or strips , the cutter feeds way too fast,
I know the force/speed setting in flexi, but wondered if flexi has a setting to slow the feed in and out speed,
When cutting a strip say 1 inch by 5 ft the machine just goes way too fast in and out making the cut,
Causing problems trying to keep material from bunching up either in front or back of machine,
Hoping someone might have some ideas or experience with this,

thanks mark

On your printer panel find setting "pen up" you can control both scan and feed there. We have a Roland ex-540