• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to speed up Channel letter Production

SfSD

I currently use a CNC router to make backs and faces, nails to do the trim and bend by hand. This works but the volume and the time it takes is starting to be a problem. I have 2 questions:

- I would like a flexible channel letter bender. I do not need a heavy duty hard to program unit that is designed for massive capacity. I also do not need a light weight unit. So I think the Accu-bend Ace is too light weight, the Model 26 is about right. What other brands and models would work? I am cheap, and ideas about used machines?

- I am using nails on plywood to do trim cap. I would like to be trimcaping (spelling) faster. Would magnets help? How can I trim cap faster?

Thanks

SfSD

Just would like to check on this - Nobody, in a sign form, has any comment about a channel letter question?

SfSD

Thank you all. I am working on many of the suggestions THANK YOU

I would like to know if anybody knows or a program that cuts returns out of sheet metal? I understand this notches and scribes at the bends.

Does anybody do this???

MikePro

I run the Accubend Model 26. It rocks. totally worth the $$$. Gemini actually runs a fleet of these for their
There's options out there that will do the notching and bend marks, while the bending is done by hand, but if you're spending the $$$ then you may as well just get the machine that bends it for you.

noted: you need to be somewhat computer savy, with emphasis on node-editing. this machine will do the work for you, but you need to do some CAD design/prep work to assure proper fit & avoid collisions.

MikePro

let me guess, you're also drilling & popping rivots by hand? sooooo 2004. get a clincher, invaluable. THERE is your timesaver, if anything else.

nails are just as fast as magnets for trim capping. i know people who actually prefer nails, because the table surface is less likely to scratch the faces/trim of your final product. we use magnets, however. if you go that route, get the magnets with the handles... they're rough on your hands when constantly having to move/remove/reposition.

Last edited: