• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help How to square up a Roland VG2-540

highrolling24

Hi Everyone! I have a Roland Vg2-540 and a cheap chinese laminater (audley) I am having problems when I laminate the print wants to skew to the left it seems all the time, I tried to check the distance from the roller to the print holder on the laminater and it seemed to be off but no way to adjust it so I adjusted the bolts and let one side hang a little lower but did not help then the other day I noticed that when I printed something and did a sheet cut after a few prints the sheet cut was not square anymore that it skewed to the left so I think it might be coming from the printer that it is not sheet cutting square, I see that it looks like I can adjust the roll holder on the Roland but what is the best way to measure from the roller to the holder? I tried a tape measure but with the curve down it is real hard to get accurate was hoping someone had a good way to measure or ? to help me square up the machine. When they delivered it they had it strapped down poorly and it came loose and where they strapped it down was under the machine on a brace but it is just a thin metal and bent it all to heck. I love the machine but hate trimming the laminate of the print to contour cut. Any help would be great. Thanks all! love the forums learned so much.

Joe House

I measure it this way...
Cut about 4 inches off of a 54" roll of vinyl. Make a loop at one end large enough to go over an empty core and mount the core on your roll holder. Feed the other end up through the printer near the control panel end and mark where it crosses the edge of the platen. Slide it down to the other end and then adjust the roll holder till the mark matches the edge of the platen at that end.

Good Luck

highrolling24

I measure it this way...
Cut about 4 inches off of a 54" roll of vinyl. Make a loop at one end large enough to go over an empty core and mount the core on your roll holder. Feed the other end up through the printer near the control panel end and mark where it crosses the edge of the platen. Slide it down to the other end and then adjust the roll holder till the mark matches the edge of the platen at that end.

Good Luck
Thank You so much for this, I will give it a try today.