• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How To Use Arlon Dpf 8000

Alice_N85

Hello everyone,

I need your advice/help.

I have a job planned next week, for an outdoor sign sticked directly on an outdoor wall (it's a standard concrete blocks building, it has been painted 2 weeks ago). I read that Arlon was good to do that, however it is the first I'll be using such a material.

The design is a logo round shaped, with lettering and also other shapes inside. I have to cut around the contours of every shape because the client wants only the design to stand out on the wall.

Would you say that Arlon DPF 8000 is a good solution for that type of small shapes/lettering with a good durability ? Also would you use Tape in order to transfer the design on the wall or just try to measure each piece in order to render the full shape ?

Sorry if my questions sound silly, I am little experience on that matter and none of my colleagues can help me this time.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Alice

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
We had a display for Arlon DPF-8000 in our show room that was mounted to the concrete brick painted wall. It stayed up for 10 years until we replaced it with a new design. It was indoors so we didn't laminate but if you laminate it, it should be pretty bomb proof. The only issue we had is the vinyl lifted up from the little recesses in between the bricks and eventually cracked. I'm sure there is a way to prevent that during install but I am not the best person for that advice.

MikePro

DPF8000 will stick great, if surface is flat, but it won't conform to texture. apply with a transfer mask, like you would any other vinyl.

Vinyldog

I had a design printed on 8000 mounted to the outside brick wall for display purposes at my last shop. The landlord got all pissy because he thought I had painted his wall. He never figured out exactly what I did.