• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to wrap vinyl around a full/square corner?

JPR-5690

I've never really done a vinyl wrap before, but I'm helping a client wrap some wood-grain printed vinyl around a retail shelf as a prototype of sorts. The shelf is really just a 48x10x1 plank of MDO with white veneer.

I thought it was going to be like wrapping a present (which Im proudly very good at :) or a canvas.

I was wrong.

How in the heckening do I deal with these corners? Everything I try to find on youtube is about wrapping vehicle corners or single-sided corners, not a full double sided wrap. Also tried searching on here with no luck, so sorry if I overlooked a previous thread.

MikePro

i treat it like two seperate faces to wrap, and overlap on that 1" return top-over-bottom.
if you're really picky about the corners, you can then wrap the 1" return with a .875" stripe as a band around the whole thing to finish.

JPR-5690

I think that's what I'm going to do on my second attempt.

My main problem/question is how to deal with the corners themselves. How do I cut and fold the vinyl so that there are clean edges and no obvious lumps from overlapped edges?

petepaz

when ever you wrap at some spot in the job there will be a seam or a bump from an overlap. you can trim it exact but then when the vinyl shrinks you will get a gap.
now how big of a seam or overlay that can be controlled.