• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How would you guys make this sign and how much would you charge for it?

Brian27

Have a customer who wants a sign just like this but with their logo and I can't quite understand how it's made from the pictures alone. He said it's only sitting off the wall about 1/4" which doesn't much room for back lighting. It changes colors also which means it's LED. Even if I knew how to make it I wouldn't even know how much to charge for it. Thoughts?

Attachments

• DSC05629.jpg
    DSC05629.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 76
  • DSC05628.jpg
    DSC05628.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 90

Brian27

Google "DIY Edge-lit acrylic sign"

We make edge lit signs here and I don't see how that could be one. It isn't clear acrylic, it has color and there is no housing for lighting/controller or discernible light source on the edges.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
white acrylic, vinyl mask applied for lip cut out and other graphics, sprayed black, digitally printed translucent vinyl lips applied, LED modules applied to reverse side in areas where there are no graphics, hung on wall...

great concept, i'd like to meet it's maker...

Brian27

I was thinking something alone these lines as well. Only thing is he said it changes colors with a remote and I can't seem to find any RGB versions of that kind of lighting anywhere. The EL type lighting is the same deal. No RGB versions made that I can find. =/

MikePro

its just a second-surface print on clear acrylic. (acrylic>clear print>white trans print)
standoff hardware, and led's mounted to the wall in a pan that is also laced with LEDs around the perimeter
(or you can just count on some of the light shining through the back of the acrylic just reflecting off the white trans. vinyl to give the halo illumination-effect, and simply mount the LEDs directly to the wall)

LED lights also run off a 12V power supply, so if you're looking for down&dirty DIY.... cut the head off an old cellphone power charger and tie to your LEDs. boom, easy to plug-in. If it were me, however, I would make a remote power supply box and punch a hole thru the wall to hide the cable from eyesore)

ddarlak

Go Bills!
its just a second-surface print on clear acrylic. (acrylic>clear print>white trans print)

I thought that too, but the edges look solid black and the light really pops, that definitely looks like white acrylic with something on the surface

winterk80

white acrylic, vinyl mask applied for lip cut out and other graphics, sprayed black, digitally printed translucent vinyl lips applied, LED modules applied to reverse side in areas where there are no graphics, hung on wall...

great concept, i'd like to meet it's maker...

sounds about right color changing lips would be the hardest part

ams

Could be micro LEDs, but I would tell the customer that your stand offs are 1" from the wall. That will give you the room you need.