• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How would you setup this truck wrap?

JoeBoomer

I'm trying to figure out how to print this. This is going on mulitple F350 Dually's, so there are some huge curves to contend with. I'm just not sure how to keep the lines straight if I print it as a wrap. I feel like I couldn't possibly get the measurements close-enough to keep the lines straight or follow the actual contours of the vehicle as illustrated in the rendering. (There are a couple logos and whatnot that I removed from the picture to keep the advertiser anonymous.)

1 - Do I print this in pieces treat it like pin striping?
2 - Do I actually print this as a wrap and measure where the curves need to fall and hope?

I have contracted installers install almost all of my wraps and graphics, so I have a tendency to overthink the layout a bit. Plus not being an installer kind of limits my knowledge of how to do this properly also. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Team!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-02-17 at 11.06.17 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-02-17 at 11.06.17 AM.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 210

mgieske

I'd use knifeless tape on this one. Mapping out that print and predicting stretch doesn't look practical or possible.

nikdoobs

The front and back views in your drawing don't seem to match the side and top views.

What color is the truck now?

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
Looks like you and your customer designed yourself into an difficult situation. If you contract with quality installers you might contact them for advice. They will be the ones installing it and the method should play to their strengths.

Looks like you could do the cab normal and the bed with knifeless using the process below.

knifeless.jpg

MikePro

print/wrap the red&white.
overlay black vinyl & knifeless tape for your pinstripe/outline work.

formanek

I print these as one horizontal piece and cut the top line with either knife less tape or with a razor. Even the white stays on the vehicles.

Attachments

• sheriff.jpg
    sheriff.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 180