• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help HP 260 Latex

YK_sign guy

Hi, I'm having a problem printing on a type of media, it seems the print head carriage is scrapping
in one section, the material I'm using is GF 209 Rink Boards metro mark 54 an matte adhesive, its used specifically for walls and rink board adverts. So it is a 3.5mil. The thing is all the other media I put in, the printer works great?? I have
a pile of these rink board ads to print so if there is anyone out there that can help. it would be much appreciated.

Christian @ 2CT Media

is it the carriage or the curing module that is scraping?

If it is the carriage have you tried increasing the vacuum and decreasing the heat?
If its the curing module have you tried lowering the heat and increasing the air flow?

Fares Bayazeed

The take-up reels on the HP 260 have been improved on the 360 allowing more tensioning options so your selection of media is vital. I could be off the mark but one possibility is a change to a more rigid media. I am currently doing testing on my HP360 with various fabrics and even with the better tension control, we are having to go to fabrics that have the rigidity that will work where we do not have to change our settings quite so much. This is even more important with our previous tests on the 260 that has fewer tensioning options.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Using media clips? I have to use them for many poster materials, phototex, and sometimes banner.