• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP 26500 Maintenance message - check hoses

k_graham

Hi;

This morning while I was out my staff got a Maintenance message. It is asking us to check hoses and make sure door to used ink tank filter is closed.

I checked using the computer browser to the printer IP address and it shows the ink tank as 1/2 used.

Staff and now I have cleaned the last foot of the larger hose where it was black. There is no obstruction there.

My staff disconnected the blue end from the 2 hoses and also cleaned some whitish powder from the smaller hose. As the end of the smaller hose is sealed with a black cover I am wondering if anything was ruined by them removing the blue fitting both hoses were attached to.

I had not ordered the used ink kit tank as so many items have expiry dates so thought I was better to wait until it suggested ordering. Is it possible to run the unit with the used ink tank removed and into a container from which I can take for recycling, perhaps where we drop off latex paints?

Unit has also been turned off and unplugged in hopes message would disappear on reboot, but it is still there.

Does the maintenance tank include other items that need replacement as well.

Of course due to the promise of having the item printed today, the technicians that installed the unit are out on calls so I've had no response from my dealer and they as closest are still 300 miles away so any suggestions would be welcomed.

Thanks,

Ken

Morkel

If you can at least get a hold of your HP consumables supplier, just order an Ink Maintenance Kit. It's cheap, and replaces the hose (among other small things) as they're a consumable. I'm 95% sure it'll fix it.

k_graham

Thanks, I am going to order the kit, but actually it turned out to be the little microswitch near the filter above the ink tank that wasn't closing. I closed it by hand until it clicked and had someone continue on the instrument panel and was successful, then closed the lid and message hasn't come back. We have since printed an item.

Thanks

Ken

zillion29

Thanks, I am going to order the kit, but actually it turned out to be the little microswitch near the filter above the ink tank that wasn't closing. I closed it by hand until it clicked and had someone continue on the instrument panel and was successful, then closed the lid and message hasn't come back. We have since printed an item.

Thanks

Ken
Did this problem return or have you been good since? We started having this same error today and none of the HP recommended fixes are having any luck . . .

k_graham

The micro switch part did fail because of the ink contamination and my staff had to order and replace it while I was away. It was annoying because it was caused because a end cap was not removed on a hose when the unit was initially set up by the dealer. It was an error on the part of the company that sold it to us but we still had to pay for the part as warranty was up. All I can say is make sure those end caps are removed from both ends of the hoses that drain to the tank.