• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

hp 310 how print small cuts of vinyl?

max

hello all...
was wondering if anyone could direct me how to print on small pieces of vinyl(say 18"x18") that is not connected to the roll core.
it seem a though there would a way to do it but damn if I can figure out how.any help is greatly appreciated....

Christian @ 2CT Media

hello all...
was wondering if anyone could direct me how to print on small pieces of vinyl(say 18"x18") that is not connected to the roll core.
it seem a though there would a way to do it but damn if I can figure out how.any help is greatly appreciated....

That is too small of a piece since the machine requires a minimum of 42" (I believe) for the loading process. Though you can always tape a tail to it.

jfiscus

Rap Master
See attached image.

Attachments

• 1e0d115deaab887e471a8e96c4101412f1857e76_m.jpg
    1e0d115deaab887e471a8e96c4101412f1857e76_m.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 112

rjssigns

HP needs to address the use of small pieces. Not all shops are tasked with running full rolls of media day in day out. 18"x18" piece in my shop can easily be turned into 50 bucks.

hello all...

HP Latex 100/ 300/ 500 Series printers have the ability to print on media as narrow as 15 inches in width. There is a function in the Substrate Menu called Enable Narrow Substrate which needs to be set to Yes for this.

As others have mentioned, physically attaching small cut sheet scraps to a roll of media would be necessary to print to an 18x18 inch sheet, as there is a media sensor in the paper path.

P. Wagner