• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Hp 315 need your opinion.

Chosen23

One man shop
I have now had 2 Mimaki printers in the past 20 yrs. looking to change from my JV33-130 to the HP 315 has anyone done this same transition? And what’s your opinion on the latex vs solvent printers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

papabud

Lone Wolf
i went from a mutoh to a hp 360.
i havent powered up the mutoh since.
i do mostly vehicle graphics. and its been pretty flawless for me.
i would recommend going up a model and getting the 365. you get a little bit more features. like the material cut off. its nice you hit a button and it cuts the material nice and clean.
i am not sure but i think its also a hair faster in running.

Chosen23

One man shop
i went from a mutoh to a hp 360.
i havent powered up the mutoh since.
i do mostly vehicle graphics. and its been pretty flawless for me.
i would recommend going up a model and getting the 365. you get a little bit more features. like the material cut off. its nice you hit a button and it cuts the material nice and clean.
i am not sure but i think its also a hair faster in running.

Thanks, the only issue with 365 is its 64” and I’ve been really not needing the width with the direction my business has gone. Even at 54 I’m wasting. I wish they would have made the smaller one with the same features. I have the cut option on my Mimaki and it’s really nice. I was unaware they didn’t have it on that machine. That’s rediculous lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

customquint

We went from Roland SP540 to HP 335, I think one of the main things to look between these two models is the max weight of material it can handle. I was thinking the 310 was around 50 lbs. A lot of new rolls are heavier than that.
We run mostly 54" in it, but do stock a roll of 64 banner so an occasional 5" tall banner

Thanks, the only issue with 365 is its 64” and I’ve been really not needing the width with the direction my business has gone. Even at 54 I’m wasting. I wish they would have made the smaller one with the same features. I have the cut option on my Mimaki and it’s really nice. I was unaware they didn’t have it on that machine. That’s rediculous lol.

All current model HP Latex 300 and 500 Series printers come with X-Cutters (sheet cut).