• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP 315

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
Last week I had my HP315 looked at and checked over by my supplier. It was giving me an error message 61:03. Because of this forum I figured out that it was possibly the internet connection, but it kept happening so I called a guy in. He told me the printer was drying at too high of a temperature and recalibrated, etc.
About a day after he left, the print quality went down. I've had my machine for about a year and a half now and never changed the print heads. The quality is grainy overall. So, I just want to get some reassurance from the forum. An optimizer print head is coming. Will this fix the problem? I've attacked a photo of what the prints look like now.
Thanks,
Geneva

Attachments

• 20200615_125343 (1).jpg
    20200615_125343 (1).jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 168

bannertime

This comment does not address the grainy images. It's mainly to address the print heads and how to know which one you need to change.

Watch this video and then watch a bunch of the other videos in that series. This gives you a better look at when you NEED to change your print head.

I've attached an image showing the steps. After clicking the "Printer Information" page a new window will pop up, and click the second tab that says "Usage Information." It will take a few minutes to load, then scroll down till you see the section titled "Usage per Printhead" this will tell you how many nozzles are not working.

The red circle shows the three little dots, that means those two slots have quite a few nozzles dropped out. This tells me that I need to change my slot 4 pretty soon since it has a long string of numbers after the "M" which means that magenta is going out. Next head would be the Slot 5, then likely Slot 3.

Just to add onto this; some people say to replace after 4-6k ml through the printhead, but I've ran some all the way to 8k+ ml of ink before super noticeable quality issues. I've also had to replace as early as ~4k.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
I found that I had 2 print heads that had quite a few nozzles drop out. I replaced one. Waiting on the next one tomorrow. Thanks for the help.