• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help HP 360 Gray help

McEverSigns

Trying to print a bunch of posters with a gray gradient background. The image file is a jpg ripped as an EPS out of flexi. The gray gradient background keeps making this strange blotchy color pattern. Any suggestions on how to get rid of this?

Attachments

• IMG_0200.JPG
    IMG_0200.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 220

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Looks like some form of contamination. It's so faint, it shows all of the imperfections..

dypinc

Better check how many nozzle clogs you have before you try anything else. And, replace printheads as needed.

McEverSigns

Better check how many nozzle clogs you have before you try anything else. And, replace printheads as needed.
It only has been doing this in grays. And the pattern is showing up consistently in the same place on each print, leading me to believe it has something to do with the way its ripping this color

dypinc

How often do you do the head alignment?

And have you eliminated that it might be from the RIP?

dypinc

It only has been doing this in grays. And the pattern is showing up consistently in the same place on each print, leading me to believe it has something to do with the way its ripping this color

Rotate the print and see where it shows up. Same place on the printer or same place on the print will indicated if it is a printer or RIP problem.

Have you cleaned the encoder strip. Also how much ink has gone through your lc/lm printhead?

Also try if in CMYK mode. Will be a more grainy print but will give a good indication if it is the lc/lm printhead.

Bly

It could be the jpeg.
Have you opened it up and checked that spot in Photoshop?