• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hp 360 Spindle Lock Lever Loose...

Hello,

I've noticed that my spindle lock is completely loose with no tension, when turning on the printer as it feeds it front and back its making an extremely loud banging noise each time to spindle spins. It sounds really out of place.
What's the best way to tighten this part?

Joe House

I'm looking at a 365, but I think this part is the same... Do you see the spring that attaches to the right side of the lever? It's got 3 positions - all the way up to release, then it drops half way down when you pull out the spindle, then it drops all the way down when you put the spindle back in. Does the lever make all 3 stops?

jawdavis

Mine broke a few months ago. Ordered a new one from partshere or another one of these 3rd party parts houses. All they do is order it direct from HP and it's drop-shipped to your door and saves about 10-15% over ordering from HP. Took me about 20-30 mins to remove the old one and install new one.

MMPLarge Format

Mine broke a few months ago. Ordered a new one from partshere or another one of these 3rd party parts houses. All they do is order it direct from HP and it's drop-shipped to your door and saves about 10-15% over ordering from HP. Took me about 20-30 mins to remove the old one and install new one.

Jawdavis, I am currently experiencing the same issue with my spindle lock on my HP Latex 360. You said it doesn't take long to remove the old one and install the new one, but what are the steps I need to take in order to replace it myself? I am not very experienced when it comes to replacing or fixing things on my printer aside from basic maintenance and keep up of the machine.