• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP 365, Colour Calibration Obsolete REFLECTIVE

DrunknMonk

Hello all, on my HP 365 we have to do a colour calibration on the media's when it displays it on the printer, which is what we always do, but how can you do this on reflective media as it won't scan the media as it reflects too much, so what I'm asking is what does the colour calibration actually do, is just to check for head alignment / print head blocks ?

DrunknMonk

Why who requires that? It is not the printer.
the printer says when you load a media, colour calibration is either good, recommended or obsolete.

Attachments

• IMG_8990.JPG
    IMG_8990.JPG
    424.9 KB · Views: 198

dypinc

So that still does not require you to do anything about it.

Since you can't calibrate and profile reflective media, find a good SAV media/output profile set that works with your reflective. Use it for your baseline, so then if you need to re-calibrate because of hardware or other changes use that SAV media setting to do it.

DrunknMonk

So that still does not require you to do anything about it.

Since you can't calibrate and profile reflective media, find a good SAV media/output profile set that works with your reflective. Use it for your baseline, so then if you need to re-calibrate because of hardware or other changes use that SAV media setting to do it.
thanks for the reply, that's because I calibrated on a standard vinyl, we have a profile for the media, direct from the manufacturers, as I cant calibrate on the reflective that's why I asked the question what does the calibration do.

dypinc

thanks for the reply, that's because I calibrated on a standard vinyl, we have a profile for the media, direct from the manufacturers, as I cant calibrate on the reflective that's why I asked the question what does the calibration do.

The calibration sets the correct density for each of the 7 values of all six inks on a per media preset basis.

DrunknMonk

The calibration sets the correct density for each of the 7 values of all six inks on a per media preset basis.
so if I don't colour calibrate again and leave it as obsolete, what do you think will happen, print quality or colour changing issues, we only use this vinyl/profile to print 1 shade of blue & a green (solid colours) then cut them out on a plotter.

dypinc

It will probably print fine, unless you have just changed printheads then you might see a color difference. If you got profile for the media, direct from the manufacturers how did they recommend you calibrate that media preset? I would ask them if they didn't document it.

DrunknMonk

It will probably print fine, unless you have just changed printheads then you might see a color difference. If you got profile for the media, direct from the manufacturers how did they recommend you calibrate that media preset? I would ask them if they didn't document it.
Thanks dypinc ill ask the question, thanks for your input.

papabud

Lone Wolf
the color on my hp stays pretty much the same over time, but it does change slightly.
when i have to color calibrate my reflective or window perf i just load my standard vinyl and use that to calibrate with.
keeps everything at the same base line