• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP 365 & Poster paper

GP

Anyone have some tips on printing on HP Photorealistic? This, although still problematic at times, was our go-to poster paper.

I cannot find a profile for Caldera - so trying to edit the HP paper profiles that came preloaded. Decreasing temps (65), increasing vacuum (75) and increasing passes does not seem to work?

Batting about .150.

Which considering what I have in this damn set up - along with the fact that I have wasted the better part of the day trying to total forty 11x17 prints seems pretty unacceptable.

Thoughts?!?

Happy Friday.

Last edited:

dypinc

Not sure if it is the added moisture for the optimizer or the location of the curing modules but paper can be a struggle with the 300 series. I would try a really low (8 or lower) optimizer setting and and maybe 90 or 80 ink density with 12pass in your preset, then depending how critical the color needs to be create a new output profile in Caldera. You might have to take the ink density even lower with HP Photorealistic. But your better bet is use a more compatible paper like the Endura papers.

Last edited:

flyplainsdrifta

from what i have gathered, hp does not recommend using hp photo real with the 831a ink set. it doesn't cure correctly with the new optimizer. highly recommend sihl 3686 tri solv prime art paper. at least for my 560, there was a profile already existing within the hp profile center, and was readily available. i went thru the exact thing you guys are going thru right now and its a nightmare. the sihl paper is the way to go though. nice crisp semi gloss and it is quite strong tear wise.

TheYallaman

Anyone have some tips on printing on HP Photorealistic? This, although still problematic at times, was our go-to poster paper.

I cannot find a profile for Caldera - so trying to edit the HP paper profiles that came preloaded. Decreasing temps (65), increasing vacuum (75) and increasing passes does not seem to work?

Batting about .150.

Which considering what I have in this damn set up - along with the fact that I have wasted the better part of the day trying to total forty 11x17 prints seems pretty unacceptable.

Thoughts?!?

Happy Friday.

TheYallaman

Hi,
the Photorealistic poster paper is not compatible with the gen 3 latex ink (with optimizer). It's creating a wetting issue. You can try to reduce the Optimizer level to zero or close to Zero. For best results, use HP Professional Satin Photo Paper.

Good Luck!.

richsweeney

Hi have given up trying to print on poster paper with the hp. The only way I can make it work is to thread it on the take up reel. I am seriously thinking of getting a aqueous printer just for short run poster printer like a Canon ipf770

dypinc

Maybe you haven't found the right papers. I found Endura papers work well, and also papers form Milano I have found to work as well. If your going to use standard aqueous coated papers your not going to gain anything by using the Latex anyhow given their delicate coatings.