• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hp 5500ps changing ink tubes from Dye to UV ??

anozira02

Thinking of changing from dye ink to pigment (UV) on my Hp 5500ps,, what I like to know is why it need to be changed since both are water base inks,, perhaps one requires a different size of tubing due to the 83 print heads,, if so does the carriage needs to be change out as well,, Thanks for your input in advance..

greysquirrel

WHY? HP 5000 series UV will only minimize your color gamut and maybe..maybe get you another 3months outdoor...not water proof...

plus they cost more....

plus you will need
a new ink line assembly
full set of UV printheads
full set of UV ink cartridges...

Take the 3K you are about to spend...use your 5500 as a trade in to a nice shine yen HP latex printer.....you can get the L110 for like $9500...

Billct2

You will need to make the switch out of tubes, printheads and ink like squirrel said.
But the UV is water resistant, I used it exclusively when I ran the 5000s.
We did paper posters that were exposed to water spray and they never ran.
But his point about using the machine and the money to upgrade is a good one.
Depending on what you use it for you could also move up to a 6200.

bigsign

UV ink

Thinking of changing from dye ink to pigment (UV) on my Hp 5500ps,, what I like to know is why it need to be changed since both are water base inks,, perhaps one requires a different size of tubing due to the 83 print heads,, if so does the carriage needs to be change out as well,, Thanks for your input in advance..
It will cost about $2000( 1100 PH, 400 ink tubes, and 400 ink) to convert over to uv ink. We print a lot of outside items with are HP 5500UV. It will last about 3 to 6 months outside. We print on HP Matte Polypropylene. Make sure you purchase new PH and ink tubes.