• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hp 5500ps keeps asking to reseat print head..

anozira02

Just bought this really nice used hp5500ps,, after print head installation keep asking to reseat print head, so I remove and reinstall the head and there it goes again!
Is there a way to get around thins issue, or how to fix it, it does it with new heads as well..

Billct2

Yep, if you don't have the cleaning kit use a coffee filter very lightly dampened with water and you finger to very gently wipe the contacts

anozira02

Yep, if you don't have the cleaning kit use a coffee filter very lightly dampened with water and you finger to very gently wipe the contacts

Did clean the print heads and the contact points on the printer as well with alcohol foam tips, still the same,,, also one of the print head is brand new.. any other suggestions? my guess is somehow the contact points may not aline with each other.,

anozira02

Are any chip resetters to reset print head chip like they make for most of the Epson printers? I can see getting a new print head be the next thing to do..