Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HP 560-Moving the drive roller for cleaning. Is it possible?

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by flyplainsdrifta, Jan 24, 2020.

Tags:
  1. flyplainsdrifta

flyplainsdrifta Active Member

Oct 13, 2017
    ct
    hey all!

Got a bit of a weird question. over the last couple rolls of material we've run, ive had some adhesive leeching out on the edges. Does anyone know if theres a way to move the drive roller so i can clean that puppy up? Functionally its not causing any issue, i just hate looking at it. Any sorta help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. Joe House

Joe House Active Member

Feb 5, 2004
    WA
    If you turn it off in back so there's no motor resistance and remove the platen, you can, with some difficulty, just move it by hand. Probably enough to clean it, but I wouldn't want to have to turn it too much.

Good Luck

3. flyplainsdrifta

flyplainsdrifta Active Member

Oct 13, 2017
    ct

thanks for the luck! i might end up doing that. need one rotation haha. i just wanted to see if anyone had any idea short of muscling it around. didnt want to force the motor if i didnt have to. that will be my next move though! thanks man!

4. Wide Image Solutions

Wide Image Solutions Member

Jan 7, 2020
    Rockwall, TX
    Hi, yes that roller can be removed but you basically have to dismantle the printer. I would not do it. We have repaired and rebuilt hundreds of them and know. My suggestion is that you clean it where it stands. thx Wideimagesolutions.com