• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP 560-Moving the drive roller for cleaning. Is it possible?

flyplainsdrifta

hey all!

Got a bit of a weird question. over the last couple rolls of material we've run, ive had some adhesive leeching out on the edges. Does anyone know if theres a way to move the drive roller so i can clean that puppy up? Functionally its not causing any issue, i just hate looking at it. Any sorta help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• WIN_20200124_09_28_15_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20200124_09_28_15_Pro.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 210

Joe House

If you turn it off in back so there's no motor resistance and remove the platen, you can, with some difficulty, just move it by hand. Probably enough to clean it, but I wouldn't want to have to turn it too much.

Good Luck

flyplainsdrifta

If you turn it off in back so there's no motor resistance and remove the platen, you can, with some difficulty, just move it by hand. Probably enough to clean it, but I wouldn't want to have to turn it too much.

Good Luck

thanks for the luck! i might end up doing that. need one rotation haha. i just wanted to see if anyone had any idea short of muscling it around. didnt want to force the motor if i didnt have to. that will be my next move though! thanks man!

hey all!

Got a bit of a weird question. over the last couple rolls of material we've run, ive had some adhesive leeching out on the edges. Does anyone know if theres a way to move the drive roller so i can clean that puppy up? Functionally its not causing any issue, i just hate looking at it. Any sorta help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Hi, yes that roller can be removed but you basically have to dismantle the printer. I would not do it. We have repaired and rebuilt hundreds of them and know. My suggestion is that you clean it where it stands. thx Wideimagesolutions.com