• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP 560 Printing on Avery MPI 1105 :: Color Issue

Renato Pinto

Graphics Manager
Guys,

We print 99% of our wraps on 3M IJ180. I'm testing out Avery due to cost.

I've set up the profile for it on our printer but the color isn't calibrated. I've done Color Calibration and it looks good but when i actually go to print something, the CYAN is off (I believe). Gray prints are looking lavender/purple.

Any ideas on whats causing this?

Kaitlin Boisvert

Try replacing the color in your rip software with the CMYK color values that match the PMS color you're trying to achieve.
That's what I have to do here every time I print grey otherwise I end up with a lavender hue on my prints.

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
Guys,

We print 99% of our wraps on 3M IJ180. I'm testing out Avery due to cost.

I've set up the profile for it on our printer but the color isn't calibrated. I've done Color Calibration and it looks good but when i actually go to print something, the CYAN is off (I believe). Gray prints are looking lavender/purple.

Any ideas on whats causing this?
If the printer were truly calibrated, the grays would be neutral. So no, I would say the calibration does not look good or the profile is incorrect so long as your machine is working properly. Also, what exactly have you done to "set up the profile?"

ikarasu

Tell your printer it's 180.. And rip it using the 180 profile.

The whites are close enough that it shouldn't make MUCH of a difference. Then you rule out the Avery being bad.

I find most Grey's look like crap using the 560's interal profiler. It's good they included it as it makes it more accurate on most colors... But to get decent Grey's you need to create your own profiles and change A lot of advanced settings.

jpescobar

One of the known issue with HP Latex printers is color inconsistency. You can set everything properly from profile calibration to color proofing you will "sometimes" end with poor prints to throw to the trash. A waste of material, inks, time and money.

AGCharlotte

I've had issues with certain profiles looking purple on my grays as well (was doing some Briteline window clings last week with the issue)... haven't really found a good work around for it.

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
I've had issues with certain profiles looking purple on my grays as well (was doing some Briteline window clings last week with the issue)... haven't really found a good work around for it.
Ask your stakeholders about the G7 certification I find directly-linked at your website. G7 addresses your color problem straightaway.

AGCharlotte

Ask your stakeholders about the G7 certification I find directly-linked at your website. G7 addresses your color problem straightaway.
need to upgrade the onyx on the HP for G7... but yes that may help once I can build proper curves for it.

I still don't know why certain profiles are fine and certain ones shift purple... should be all built from the same base.