• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP 560 Update won't download

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Anyone having trouble with this as well? I hit the download button and immediately get an error. I have rebooted the machine and still get the error.

Reveal1

Anyone having trouble with this as well? I hit the download button and immediately get an error. I have rebooted the machine and still get the error.
Same here. Not having issues and fine with current firmware, so maybe a good thing. Did you get a resolution?

Reveal1

Download to a USB stick and place it in the back of the machine.

Is this the firmware update from July of 2018?
Not sure - my current installed version is STORM_00_07_00.7 which was installed Aug 18. Only version newer on HP website is version .13 apparently corrects a couple of power related errors according to HP website.

ikarasu

I usually download, login via the browser and upload it that way... My machine never wants to connect either.

Gabil

Gary
560/570 comes with latest firmware preinstalled STORM_00_08_00.8 that is why it doesn’t allow you to upgrade because in printer’s logic you are downgrading.

Reveal1

560/570 comes with latest firmware preinstalled STORM_00_08_00.8 that is why it doesn’t allow you to upgrade because in printer’s logic you are downgrading.
Hmm - .8 not listed on HP website, only .7 and .13 Regardless, I'm turning off auto update and sticking with what works.

Gabil

Gary
Hmm - .8 not listed on HP website, only .7 and .13 Regardless, I'm turning off auto update and sticking with what works.

Printers produced before july can be upgraded to 007 because they come with 005 version but printers made after july come preinstalled latest version. The only logical reason why they did not upload for mass download is because 008 is being still tested on newer printers. PrintOS constantly delivers data to HP and based on analytic data and user feedbacks they improve firmware.

Christian @ 2CT Media

There is a new 10 verison update as of the 16th... we just installed them this morning. HP has a weird distribution, we never even got STORM 8! STORM 10 Release Oct 16th looks like it will help correct issues we have had for a year with Onyx.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Really confused with everyone's comments. New one is Storm 00_10_00.13, looks like it was released 8-19. My current version is STORM_00_07_00.7. It won't even begin download, so there is no error regarding downgrading as someone mentioned which makes no sense. I tried testing network connectivity on the machine and on the web portal and get the same hangup...telling invalid email something....?
I've never had in issue with this before. And someone mentioned uploading to a USB and installing on the machine??? No USB port that I know of.

Gabil

Gary
Really confused with everyone's comments. New one is Storm 00_10_00.13, looks like it was released 8-19. My current version is STORM_00_07_00.7. It won't even begin download, so there is no error regarding downgrading as someone mentioned which makes no sense. I tried testing network connectivity on the machine and on the web portal and get the same hangup...telling invalid email something....?
I've never had in issue with this before. And someone mentioned uploading to a USB and installing on the machine??? No USB port that I know of.

there is a USB port trust me. Look carefully.

Christian @ 2CT Media

We only update through the USB port. It's right next to the network cable... It's faster and less errors. It's now apparent that HP doesnt show everyone the same release dates, for us version 10 shows a release of October 16th.