• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP 560 - which is your print maintenance routine?

Dukenukem117

There are a lot of print maintenance tests and I'm confused as to which ones I should run and when. Is printhead status plot the same as printhead alignment? The manual says that I need at least 24" wide media for printhead status plot and color calibration. I have some 27" roll media (cut in half from a 54") but I know I can't run all the maintenance functions. How wide of media do I need to run alignment?

I've been told that for standard test print nozzle test I need 30" media, and for CLC and ICC I need 36. I don't know what CLC means but I thought ICC falls under 'color calibration' though.

Obviously once I use up this 27", I'm not making this mistake again and just getting 36" to avoid all this headache.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
When you have issues or you want to see how your heads are doing you will perform "Printhead status plot" under Cleaning.
When you replace or take out a printhead and insert it back you will perform "Printhead alignment".
If you want to keep your colors consistent you will perform "Color calibration" every once in a while or at least when you replace your printhead. This is done for every material.
ICC profile you have inside your printing profile or you can make that if needed. This is only done once in a printing profile which are inside the material profile like 6 pass 80% color etc. Before ICC can be made there has to be a valid Color calibration done before that for that specific material.

Never mix and match your materials and profiles if you want to keep your color calibration up to date. If you do mix and match you will mess up the calibration.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
No and no. Also similar materials that do not have a very uniform surface or sometimes non-glossy is not possible to calibrate.
With an external device most become possible to calibrate.