• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help HP 570 Color Issues

Stripeline18

Hello, looking for some suggestions. I seem to be having some color consistency degrading with Yellow / Magenta over time.
color shift.jpg
Item in the front is probably 1 year in age, then the middle is 2 months old, than the back print is from today
color%20shift.jpg

The Optimize Print Quality maintenance ran successfully, and I saw no issues with the ink.
color calibration.jpg

color%20calibration.jpg

The Print heads mostly have 1200ml to 1500ml of ink passthrough.
The Large Print Cartridges are from the initial HP 570 setup at 6/1/2018.
The Files are the Same, the media is the same (Avery 1105) Profiles are the same.

Does anyone recognize such color inconsistency?
Change Print Heads?
Change Intermediate ink tank?
Change Ink Refill tank?

any help is greatly appreciated!

Jake

Modern Ink Signs

Premium Subscriber
Without knowing more info....

1. Check your printheads. They should be “in-warranty”. If out of warranty change them as needed.

2. Ink from 2018? Sounds like you are not doing a lot of printing. Not sure but that might play a part

3. Is your media color calibration up to date? If not run one

Assuming that this all on the same media not different

Stripeline18

Without knowing more info....

1. Check your printheads. They should be “in-warranty”. If out of warranty change them as needed.

2. Ink from 2018? Sounds like you are not doing a lot of printing. Not sure but that might play a part

3. Is your media color calibration up to date? If not run one

Assuming that this all on the same media not different

1) I cleaned the printheads tonight, same issues; The printer info just says to check the warranty note.

2) Yes, not a lot of printing. i will not buy the 1.5L refill tanks next time.

3) The Media Color calibration is up to date.

Modern Ink Signs

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like you have orintheads out of warranty/old. They are easily replaced. Contact your distributor for new ones and start there. I think they are somewhere around $125-$140ea

ikarasu

What expirey date is on the box?

Most of the time it's not a problem. I had an ink expired for 6 months, and it destroyed a head somehow. It worked.perfectly when I out it in... Then after 200ml it was dead. And of course out of warranty due to.the expired ink...

Another thing to consider.... Do you ever shake your ink boxes? We have this issue in our uv printer with the big.ink boxes. I know when replacing the ink carts it tells you to shake them 3x... I imagine the big carts get u mixed and need shaking as well. Since your ink is from 2018... If you've never shake them before that could be the problem.

karst41

HP 560/70 series. What a nightmare of a printer.
I had same issue and HP would not go beyond Level 2

These printers are trying to fool your eye by adding magenta to the
yellow. Its there plain to see when ripping FS 19 No Color Correction.
I create my own scale at 100% density.
Yellow fields of 100 - 75-50-25
Using FS 19 with Color Correction you can see the Magenta being printed
right on top of the Yellow.

You can also see some banding in either mode.

Now here is my chit list.
SO Diffusion is disabled due to the printer being able to increase or decrease ink density
One HP Tech told me that after 1100ml they no longer warranty the PH
Total BS !
Run the Force Drop detection to see how many nozzles are out.
Replacing the PH aint going to do anything.

Are you laminating your prints? Yeah ya gotta do it and you have to increase the price of the prints accordingly.

Ok I have saved the best for last.
Print a field of yellow, never mind the Magenta.
Watch the Optomizer change the value of the yellow.

When my warranty is up I will e ordering my inks from the printhead doctor.
His inks a superior to HP and it aint even close.

I will be reloading FS10 this week to see if I can fool the pairing to use SO Diffusion

Last edited:

Stripeline18

What expirey date is on the box?

Most of the time it's not a problem. I had an ink expired for 6 months, and it destroyed a head somehow. It worked.perfectly when I out it in... Then after 200ml it was dead. And of course out of warranty due to.the expired ink...

Another thing to consider.... Do you ever shake your ink boxes? We have this issue in our uv printer with the big.ink boxes. I know when replacing the ink carts it tells you to shake them 3x... I imagine the big carts get u mixed and need shaking as well. Since your ink is from 2018... If you've never shake them before that could be the problem.

My inks are expired, and I did replace the yellow, in both ink tanks, re ran color calibration, and still my images looked washed out, and the yellow seems undersaturated. If I add a Mulitply 35% of pure yellow over the image, the color looks accurate.

I have never shaken the ink boxes, but definitely will going forward, yes the new Ink boxes say to rotate or shake them.
I am not sure if the old yellow is possibly still in the printer? do I need to print a solid yellow to "flush" the yellow perhaps?

ikarasu

I'm not sure how much ink is in your tunes / heads.

For our flatbed we have to empty the heads... Then when we refill it takes about6% of the 2.5 liter box.... When you think of it, the ink lines run from the left of the machine all the way to the right, and into the heads. So there is quite a bit of ink in.

I'm not a tech, or familiar with how much ink it holds though. You're best to ask a tech or hp support about it before wasting a ton of ink on it. If it were the fb flatbed I'd suggest it for sure.. But I've personally never experienced this on the latex while I have on the uv flatbed, so I'm just shooting in the dark here.

jasonx

Hello, looking for some suggestions. I seem to be having some color consistency degrading with Yellow / Magenta over time.
View attachment 148520
Item in the front is probably 1 year in age, then the middle is 2 months old, than the back print is from today
color%20shift.jpg

The Optimize Print Quality maintenance ran successfully, and I saw no issues with the ink.
View attachment 148519

color%20calibration.jpg

The Print heads mostly have 1200ml to 1500ml of ink passthrough.
The Large Print Cartridges are from the initial HP 570 setup at 6/1/2018.
The Files are the Same, the media is the same (Avery 1105) Profiles are the same.

Does anyone recognize such color inconsistency?
Change Print Heads?
Change Intermediate ink tank?
Change Ink Refill tank?

any help is greatly appreciated!

Jake

Are you running a color calibration before running each of those?

RaymondLoewy

Pretty fly for a Sign Guy
I would change the head even though 1000+ ml is not that much, it may be from not printing enough. I have had similar problems with the HP 360 having the Y/M heads give out. Sometimes I can get these HP heads to last past 4000ml, other times I find I am having to swap them out around 1500ml.

I would also suggest you check the printers altitude setting to make sure it is right for your environment.