• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP 570

David Youssef

Our company decided to purchase, the new machine to go from the 26500 to the 570

Our machine arrived in September 2017, the machine worked fine for 3 months, with no color defects, and problem.

After the 3 months, our machine started to have a color difference, bending in colors, and since it still in warranty coverage we claimed this to our local HP supplier which started the search and development to check the problem, after several developments the technician said it is the Media roller bar which changed, in 1 month the problem persisted, after several tests which costed our company money, working hours, and material ( 3M scotch print vinyl ) with no luck to find the problem origin, HP sent a manager from Spain to check the machine

After 3 days of trials, the manager changed all the heads and the Hard disk of the machine, which solved the problem for also 3 months,

We ended up buying the latest HP 570 without any upgrade to what we used before.

Our investment was disatisfacting due to the late service or solution from HP

Please if anybody can share a similar problem using the HP 570 and how did you solve this issue

David Youssef

First you put this in the classifieds section, second do you have pics of the color issues?
Hello , yes i put it in classified section, or if you can make it more clear for me
regarding the images below are some images

Attachments

• 20170912_152353[1][2].jpg
    20170912_152353[1][2].jpg
    431.1 KB · Views: 171
  • WhatsApp Image 2018-05-22 at 12.31.15 PM (1)[1].jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2018-05-22 at 12.31.15 PM (1)[1].jpeg
    72.1 KB · Views: 174
  • 20170912_152353[1][2].jpg
    20170912_152353[1][2].jpg
    431.1 KB · Views: 163
  • WhatsApp Image 2018-07-31 at 12.39.10 PM[1].jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2018-07-31 at 12.39.10 PM[1].jpeg
    55.8 KB · Views: 175

MonkeyB0y

Good Day

The images show panel to panel mismatch - Correct?

If this is the case a few things might not be correct.
1. Make sure in your RIP you can rotate every other tile.
2. Make sure you complete a colour calibration frequently, even before the front panel displays recommended.
3. On certain colours you may have to change your printing to 12 Pass and possible print CMYK only.

The blue picture is showing ink starvation or head failure;
1. Turn on confidence strips at each side of your image.
2. In the printer profile, setup a print profile to 12 pass and in advanced settings change interpass delay to 300.
3. Check the life of your heads, especially the LM/LC this head depending on the colour can become strained if printing too fast or if it is old.
4. For colour consistent prints, repeatable and consistent, change printheads every 6000ml or when they start to perform badly.
5. Error 98:03 indicates a head has failed to meet the required quality, too many nozzles have failed and printing will be affected.

Hope this helps

David Youssef

Good Day

The images show panel to panel mismatch - Correct?

If this is the case a few things might not be correct.
1. Make sure in your RIP you can rotate every other tile.
2. Make sure you complete a colour calibration frequently, even before the front panel displays recommended.
3. On certain colours you may have to change your printing to 12 Pass and possible print CMYK only.

The blue picture is showing ink starvation or head failure;
1. Turn on confidence strips at each side of your image.
2. In the printer profile, setup a print profile to 12 pass and in advanced settings change interpass delay to 300.
3. Check the life of your heads, especially the LM/LC this head depending on the colour can become strained if printing too fast or if it is old.
4. For colour consistent prints, repeatable and consistent, change printheads every 6000ml or when they start to perform badly.
5. Error 98:03 indicates a head has failed to meet the required quality, too many nozzles have failed and printing will be affected.

Hope this helps
Dear Sir,,

Yes color mismatch between panels
the rip auto rotate all the panels
color calibration is made before each printing
i always print on 12 passes cmyk 3M ij 180mc profile

regarding the blue this is the bending im talking about and the heads on this job was all changed before the printing
we change the printheads at 2000 ml
to keep all the hardware new

Reveal1

Our company decided to purchase, the new machine to go from the 26500 to the 570

Our machine arrived in September 2017, the machine worked fine for 3 months, with no color defects, and problem.

After the 3 months, our machine started to have a color difference, bending in colors, and since it still in warranty coverage we claimed this to our local HP supplier which started the search and development to check the problem, after several developments the technician said it is the Media roller bar which changed, in 1 month the problem persisted, after several tests which costed our company money, working hours, and material ( 3M scotch print vinyl ) with no luck to find the problem origin, HP sent a manager from Spain to check the machine

After 3 days of trials, the manager changed all the heads and the Hard disk of the machine, which solved the problem for also 3 months,

We ended up buying the latest HP 570 without any upgrade to what we used before.

Our investment was disatisfacting due to the late service or solution from HP

Please if anybody can share a similar problem using the HP 570 and how did you solve this issue

Every time I hear these issues, I have the suspicion that the users are trying to eke the last ML out of their printheads. The tipoff is in your comment after the trial ' the manager changed all the heads....of the machine, which solved the problem for also 3 months'. HP heads are by design disposable. In my mind it's actually a plus, eliminating costly labor and part $$ from 'industrial' heads. We change regardless at 4200ml even if no problems are showing. Maybe we are the exception, but our quality issues (560) after almost three years have been few and almost always solved with regular ph changes.

greysquirrel

Just another thing to look at...the heads are disposable and and can be affected by environment. I have seen color irregularities with 260, 360 and 560 that turn out to be not hardware related Pull the panel of your electric box. Put meters on each breaker and fire up a print and watch for fluctuations. Make sure you are not spiking over 230v. This will absolutely cause havoc on heads and iq.

And....I just found out from my 3M rep that they had a major issue with IJ35 that was kept quiet. I have a 3 rolls that I need to send back to Fellers. If they can keep this issue quiet...it can affect others.

Have you tried these files on other media?

David Youssef

Just another thing to look at...the heads are disposable and and can be affected by environment. I have seen color irregularities with 260, 360 and 560 that turn out to be not hardware related Pull the panel of your electric box. Put meters on each breaker and fire up a print and watch for fluctuations. Make sure you are not spiking over 230v. This will absolutely cause havoc on heads and iq.

And....I just found out from my 3M rep that they had a major issue with IJ35 that was kept quiet. I have a 3 rolls that I need to send back to Fellers. If they can keep this issue quiet...it can affect others.

Have you tried these files on other media?

Our environment is well kept, with humidifier and temperature, i will, we are using the 3M ij180 mc-10
and yes i tried it on 2 other brands
same issue