• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rant HP 61:09 error code

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
I want to scream really bad obscenities and xfinity...well, I already did that.

Some salesman from Comcast business called and took up some time on the phone with me trying to upgrade my business service. I start telling him the internet speed sucks. So he sends me to tech support. I tell them my internet speed sucks. They check and send a tech out. The very first thing he does is tell me the printer is hooked up wrong. There was nothing wrong with my printer. But he starts pulling cords and rerouting things.

The very next day I go to print a long run and wham! I am back to that freaking 61:09 code that I haven't gotten for months.
I have been furious for hours. Because now I have to go back and fix the damn settings back to the way they were before. And the asshat xfinity guy says, "that's an it problem, not a communication problem". Heeeeee screwed it up and can't fix it!

Can ANYOBE tell me how to fix this blasted error?
I had it in my settings and now they are all gone.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
What RIP?
Did they change your router/switch to another?
Anyways now you got some connection issue between the computer and printer.
If you want to by-pass it just put a straight cable between the printer and computer without any box between them.

And make sure that cable that is plugged in to the printer is there properly and it's in that plastic clip on the corner. Otherwise it can swing and disconnect randomly.

StephenOrange

Eater of cake. Maker of .
I've always ensured the RIP station has a direct connection to any wide format press. In fact, they run on a separate NIC. So one card that talks to the rest of my network, and then a dedicated one that only speaks to the printer, nothing else. Even if the local network router or hub has a bit of speed wobble the wide formats do just fine. Cheap solution for a stable connection.

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
Ok. So I had it set up computer to printer...what do I set my settings at? Ip address on the printer, etc? How do I get it to run?
Is ethernet cable good enough or do I need a printer cable? I do not want some jack wagon from xfinity telling me they have a solution again.