• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

hp 8000s problems

theeventsource

Greetings all,

Our hp designjet 8000s is acting up. We have a new magenta printhead in it, but after a while the magenta will fade out on a larger print. We've replaced the ink and the printhead (and the print quality improved immensely when we put the new printhead in), but the magenta still isn't reliable.

Has anyone had this problem?

Does anyone know a decent service tech in Florida?

Thanks in advance,
Greg

sowinski_t

Had a nearly identical issue on my 9000s. Turned out to be a leaky o ring at the damper. My tech said it was a 50/50 chance it was either the o rings or the damper itself. Might make sense to replace both since you're going to have it apart. Not a super complicated procedure on the 9000s (haven't worked with a 8000) so it shouldn't be the end of the world to fix it. I keep a spare damper and set of o-rings on hand now, just in case.

jaferrer1

Greetings all,

Our hp designjet 8000s is acting up. We have a new magenta printhead in it, but after a while the magenta will fade out on a larger print. We've replaced the ink and the printhead (and the print quality improved immensely when we put the new printhead in), but the magenta still isn't reliable.

Thanks in advance,
Greg
Hello Greg!
We have the same problem with our HP8000. We replaced the Magenta printhead with a brand new one but the problem remains the same. The new printhead is in perfect condition but seems as if magenta ink supply would shut off completely! After performing a recovery the printhead would perform perfectly again but only for some 3 or 4 sq mts. Although the service manual does not cover this in detail, my guess is that we should replace the ink filter located just before the printhead. After all, this part cost around $80 so I think it is worth the shot! We are located in Venezuela I can't recommend tech service at your end.

jaferrer1

I just talk to our tech service guy and he also suggest to change the air damper. We'll keep you on the loop once we do it. Have you fix your problem yet?
Thanks

iSignDesigncom

Yellow head hp 8000s

I may have pushed ink from the bag all the way through to the head now my yellow won't print consistently it goes in and out every foot. Did I blow a damper or a head? Or what?

iSignDesigncom

cyan is pritning this now hp 8000s

IMG_1254.jpg

I checked the damper and the 0 ring on the yellow that was printing in and out and when i put it back together the cyan started printing this.
Any solutions please?

Robert Mowad
720-365-1740 isigndesign@hotmail.com

J Hill Designs

My guess is you got some ink on the cyan print head cable. that looks like bad data to head. might try just reseating the head cable first (with power off of course)

WI

It sounds like you've moved on to bigger and more interesting problems, however with respect to the original problem, the ink dropping off after the machine has been printing for a while, we've had an issue kind of like this before. Is it always the magenta, or do other colors fail intermittently, too?

See if this sounds familiar, we're printing a 20 foot tall red wall with a big black logo in the middle of it. The first strip of five runs fine, but the next four don't print any black. My theory (and it's held up pretty well so far) is that the black head was drying out over a long run because the machine was only printing red and yellow for a long duration. By the time it came back around to printing black, the motion of the carriage had clogged the printhead with dried up ink.

My fix for this was to run color bars along the edge of the print so that the machine was printing all four colors for the entire run. It doesn't have to be much, the bar I run is a quarter inch wide. Setting this up in Onyx this is easy (unlike most things in Onyx), you just turn it on under printer properties. You may have to add the graphic manually if you want to try it, depending on what RIP you're using.

Good luck.

iSignDesigncom

Error code110B

I decided to clean out and adjust the capping station on the Hp8000s . When putting back I got this error code. Manual says to do cancel and power on to get into maintenance mode but its not working is there another way to get into maintenance mode when powering on?

iSignDesigncom

POC entering maintenance mode from printer off. HP8000s

Press Cancel, Power On, and Shift at the same time. When printer is off to tirn thee printer on and enter into maintenance mode. My manual was wrong don't know if all manuals are wrong. This was useful to correct error code 110b

www.iSignDesign.com

iSignDesigncom

eco ink from mutoh put into low solvent printer hp8000s

Has any one put eco ink into their HP8000s that takes low solvant inks? Will it work? will it clog? will it drop out?
I get this ink for 55 buck bags from https://hp9000inks.com/. but they are in canada and I can get eco locally for much less.
Is it worth the change. I really do like the longivity of the low solvent. But?!?

jaferrer1

Hp 8000 magenta prnthead issue

Greetings all,

Thanks in advance,
Greg

Hello Greg!

Just wondering if you were able to fix the magenta printhead issue? - We installed a brand new printhead (magenta color) in our HP, also changed the air damper and the ink filter and our problem is unresolved. After a few yards, the magenta will fade out just like you described about yours.....! We feel we came to a dead end with this printer.

jrsc

Did anybody come up with a solution for this problem? We are just starting to see the same problem with our magenta.