• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

hp 9000 printing greenish... and banding.

HulkSmash

I'm sick and tired of my HP 9000's, im about to throw it in the middle of the highway. I have to print EVERYTHING on 8 pass just so i don't get banding, and if that isn't enough... all my greys go green..not all the time, only when it feels like it. Ill print one side of a vehicle wrap one day and then click reprint 2 hrs later and its a different color.

Any help would be great.

jwright350

Try getting a color meter and writing some profiles. That will fix your color issue. I absolutely guarantee it. Sounds like your problem is that your grays aren't "neutral" enough. This means often that they are gray, but sometimes i bet they are pink tinted or blue tinted. Depending on the RIP software you are using, you'll even have a special option to run a neutral gray calibration (its all the rage today in 4cp color management)

Due to changes in ink, machine age, software, media, environment.... your original color profiles back when you bought the printer are probably not as good as they used to be.

If its banding and your nozzle check is good...then adjust your page feed. But, odds are you aren't using a color profile for the correct print mode...and thats really whats causing the banding.

sfd2122

Like it was said in the previous post the only way to get rid of the greenish tint is to create profiles that are calibrated to your materials and system. The only way other way is to turn off ICC Profiles which causes other issues or to do a color replacement if it is a spot color. The banding is due to either a bad wiper,wiper sponge, or dirty capping station. Clean all very well and run two normal recoveries and it should clear up. The wiper sponge should get at least 2-4 full syringes of wiper solution each morning to keep it moist.

tbaker

Pix? banding is caused by so many different things, without a couple pictures it's hard to say exactly what's going on, even with them, it can be a challenge.

It's like going to the doctor and saying, I have belly pain, and expecting him to tell you what's wrong without him being able to examine you in any way.

As for color shifts, what RIP are you using?

Grays are notoriously hard to hit, cool gray in particular. Pick a swatch that most closely resembles the gray you are trying to print, then turn off color corrections, this should hold color as it's being assigned in your design software package. There is no hard and fast rule to color management, it is, and will remain one of the biggest challenges in this industry. If you're system isn't color calibrated in some form or fashion, you're lucky you get anything even remotely approaching consistent color. That's like asking a blind man to paint the mona lisa. IT could happen, chances are it won't tho.

jwright350

Turning off color correction would normally not be the route to take... since it will play mad voodoo with your output profiles. You should strive to stay in a color corrected work flow. But like the others say, gray can be hard to hit....but once you can, oh baby....$$$